Air condensor

Old 07-20-06, 06:19 PM
Exclamation Air condensor

I have water under the passenger seat in my Chrysler Sebring. I think it is the A/C condensor output hose that is blocked. Anyone have this same problem and is it easy to fix yourself? Anyone know how to do this? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-06, 06:40 PM
You are correct that it is more than likely a clogged evaporator drain tube. If you look up under the car with the AC running, you should still be able to see a few drops of water coming down unless it is completely clogged. The drain tube usually comes out under the passenger side near the firewall. Get a coat hanger, crawl up under there and run the coat hanger up the tube. That should clear the blockage.

Old 07-21-06, 03:26 AM
Originally Posted by davzack
You are correct that it is more than likely a clogged evaporator drain tube. If you look up under the car with the AC running, you should still be able to see a few drops of water coming down unless it is completely clogged. The drain tube usually comes out under the passenger side near the firewall. Get a coat hanger, crawl up under there and run the coat hanger up the tube. That should clear the blockage.
I'd like to ad, get your head out of the way when you poke the coat hanger into the drain or you'll get wet. .

Old 07-21-06, 06:58 AM
Group Moderator
A shop vac works well, also, and will suck out the crud to help prevent a reoccurrence.