'00 Hyundai Elantra wheel noise

Old 07-20-06, 07:33 PM
'00 Hyundai Elantra wheel noise

Just bought a used 2000 Hyundai Elantra sedan. Great condition except for a screeching/squeaking sound coming from right front wheel. At low speeds, it is slow and in time with wheel rotation, and at higher speeds obviously becomes more constant. Upon applying the brakes it stops. If it squealed when braking, as opposed to the other way around, I would think it was the brake wear indicator. Any ideas what would cause what I'm describing? Thanks!

Pecos

Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-06, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by Pecos
Just bought a used 2000 Hyundai Elantra sedan. Great condition except for a screeching/squeaking sound coming from right front wheel. At low speeds, it is slow and in time with wheel rotation, and at higher speeds obviously becomes more constant. Upon applying the brakes it stops. If it squealed when braking, as opposed to the other way around, I would think it was the brake wear indicator. Any ideas what would cause what I'm describing? Thanks!

Pecos
A loose shim or brake pad slide rail? Have you taken the wheel off and looked?

Old 07-20-06, 07:47 PM
No, I haven't taken the wheel off yet. I just noticed it a few minutes ago and thought I'd pick the experts brains to get some ideas first.
I like your Calvin and Hobbes quotes!

Pecos