96 Chrysler Town/Country windshield wiper not responding

Old 07-21-06, 02:04 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Cool 96 Chrysler Town/Country windshield wiper not responding

Hi,

I've heard that this was a common problem with '96 chrysler/dodge/plymouth minivans. I have 200,000 miles on a vehicle with the windshield wipers not working at anymore. They did the phantom swipe everytime we turned right and I'd click the turnsignal to the right and it would stop. Now they just don't work.

I've been told its the wiper motor, or its the turnsignal switch, or the whole relay and control box. What is general opinion this may be? The van has a new transmission and a strong engine that doesn't leak. I don't want to spend too much, but I also can't drive it if its going to rain.

Thanks

Old 07-21-06, 05:25 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Well, until you get it figured out...coat your windshield on the outside with Rain-X. Seriously.

Old 07-21-06, 05:29 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Because your wipers shut off with the right turn signal, I am inclined to guess it is in the arm, rather than the motor. I'd imagine such a repair would be pricey. What I would do if this was me...just to be sure, I would get the wiring color code for the wipers and locate the hot wire as it left the arm switch and stab (12v awl-like light tester) the wire and see, when I turn it on, if I have 12 volts in that wire, before and after the switch. Then take things from there.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: