2000 Hyundai Elantra codes P1624 and P0713

Old 07-22-06, 05:19 AM
2000 Hyundai Elantra codes P1624 and P0713

I took my new (used) 2000 Elantra 2.0 sedan to AutoZone to have the codes read after Check Engine light came on. The only 2 that came up were P1624, which they said had something to do with an anti theft system, and P0713 which pointed to a tranny fluid temperature sensor. My Haynes manual doesn't address that tranny part at all, so I don't know what to do about it. AutoZone doesn't have that part either. The car's 100,000 mile warranty does not transfer past the original owner, so I don't want to have the work done by the dealer ($$$$$). I've got 79,000 miles on the car, and very little money to spend on her right now. Does anyone know about the code, and what I can do about it? Thanks!

Pecos

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-06, 07:56 AM
if you follow the link below and set up an account you can view hyundai online version of their repair manual after logging in click service information, select vehicle, then you can view tsb, or shop and probably find alot more than your haynes manual will tell you.
there is a tsb on the tranny temp sensor code but it doesnt go into great detail about location it does list testing procedure and drivability conditions it can cause.
you will probably have to go to the dealer for the part.
http://www.hmaservice.com/login/loginPage.jsp

Old 07-23-06, 03:31 AM
I tried the link, but couldn't get the site to do anything when I tried to activate my new account. I just kept hitting the submit button but nothing happened. Is there some trick I'm not doing? It sounds like the site is jst what I'm looking for though. Thanks again.
Pecos

Old 07-23-06, 03:47 AM
would just try again later and see if it works never really had a problem with the site they will email your password to you then you can log in.