CJ-7 Project

Old 07-23-06, 01:46 PM
CJ-7 Project

I recently bought a 85 jeep cj7 to fix up and play with. It has the 258 six cylinder and was wondering a little but about it. It appears to have some emmisions control stuff on it that someone has disabled. Vaccum lines are missing or unhooked. Metal lines on engine pinched off. lines coming out of carb unhooked, ect. What year did jeep introduce emmisons control and should i try to restore the emmisons control or will it run just as good without it? Inspection is not a problem because i am in maine and the inspection doesnt require that emmisons are checked. Also there are a lot of wires that are unhooked for some reason or another. Did the wiring harnesses have a lot of extras on it that the cj7 doesnt use or do they probably go to something? Thanks
P.S. feel free to give me any online places for jeep parts and accesories

Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-06, 08:09 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
My advice to you is get a fat chiltons manual. check all the vacuum lines make sure they are hooked up or blocked off. as for wiring if it is running leave it. This was someone elses experiment/ practice car from the sounds of it.

Old 07-24-06, 06:40 PM
Thanls for the advice, I have a hanes manual, is chilton better. (It wouldnt take a lot) So if I plug all the vaccum lines the thing wil run good? It runs good now but wont idle at all at least when it cold.

Old 07-24-06, 07:44 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
you are looking for vacuum lines that aren't terminated. if there is some and you can't find where they go just plug them.

You may want to check out extreme 4x4 on power block or their website from the spike channel if I recall right. they do a lot of cj mods for cheap

haynes sucks, they have no wiring in them. usually chiltons has about 400pages with all schematics to