A/C - Heater blower

Old 07-24-06, 08:53 AM
dma
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
A/C - Heater blower

A year ago my heater a/c blower stoped working on 1st and 2nd speed but it was still working on 3rd and 4th. Now it doesn’t blow on any speed. I have checked related fuses and they work. When I turn blower speed selector it turns a/c on/off as it should.

What do I need to change? (the whole heater, just heater blower, something else? )

Where is it located in 2000 Daewoo Lanos 1.6L sedan? My guess would be somewhere around a glovebox…. Does anyone know how to change it? How much it might cost?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-06, 10:53 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You either need a blower resistor or switch after you look in the owners manual for where the fuses are.

Old 07-25-06, 12:40 PM
dma
As I already told I have checked fuses and they work.

What/where is a blower resistor?

I don't think the switch is broken since when I turn it it turns a/c on/off as it should.... Am I wrong?

Old 07-25-06, 01:54 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Your going to get need some one with alldata to tell you exactly where it is or a haynes or chiltons manual with that car, its not common enough for me to know off the top of my head. Ask a parts guy at a dealer for price and then where its located. Normally they are near the fan.

Old 07-25-06, 05:24 PM
The blower motor resistor is located right beside the fan. It is bolted into the same case as the fan and has an electrical wiring harness connector plugged into it.

Old 08-08-06, 06:23 AM
dma
I have ordered the resistor thru dealer ($57) and they told me that the work is going to cost $127. I did it myself in 15-20 minutes That’s the good news. The bad news is that it still doesn’t work After looking at the old resistor I can definetly say that it was burned in the 1st and 2nd speed part. It looks like there were two different problems, so one is fixed now but there is one more left. I think that does make sense since it was breaking in two steps one year apart from each other… First the 1st and 2nd speed stopped working (resistor) and then the remaining 3rd and 4th stopped as well (what can it be?). Any ideas???? Help.

Is there any simple way to localize the problem? How can I check if the blower motor works and how can I check if the switch works? Can it be wires? I still think that switch is not the problem since it turns A/C on/off when I turn it, but I might be wrong… Any ideas??

Old 08-08-06, 04:10 PM
To test the blower motor, disconnect the wire harness from the motor and apply 12 volts and ground directly to it from the battery, being very careful not to cause a short in the process. Best to use a wire with an inline fuse for this, from the positive battery terminal.

If you have a multimeter, check voltage from the connection that plugs into the blower motor. It should be about 12V with the speed switch on high.

You might also have a bad blower motor relay you can try replacing.

Old 08-17-06, 12:17 PM
dma
I have tested the blower motor and it was broken. I have disassembled it, cleaned it and soldered one contact, so it works again. It was pretty easy The only thing that I wasn’t sure about was a “tick-tick-tick” sound coming out of the motor, but it goes away and now (after 2 hours of blower working) I can barely hear it. I guess it will go away completely after a couple more hours of working

Thanks to everyone!