power window problem

Old 07-25-06, 04:00 PM
roneee
Visiting Guest
Question power window problem

I have a 97 mercury marque, two of the electric window controls will not let the window move, you can hear the motor inside the door running. What do I need to do to check this and see where the problem lies. How and what steps are needed to get to the inside of the window controls, it is the back seat door windows...Any info would be appreciated...........

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-06, 04:15 PM
If you hear a motor running inside the door when you are operating the controls, the problem is more than likely with the window regulator and not the controls.

The window regulator is basically the part that the motor is attached to that contains the mechanism that lowers and raises the window. Your particular car has a wire type regulator. It is not uncommon for them to fail (the wire gets kinked, cuts through the plastic, or just gets unwound). You can pick up a replacement at a local auto parts store for approximately $60.

Installation is another ball of wax however. It can be fairly intimidating to replace one of these things. The access is very limited and you stand a good chance of breaking the actual window glass if you are not careful. I would leave replacement up to a trusted repair facility. The repair itself calls for approximately one hour.

Old 07-25-06, 09:07 PM
roneee
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the info.............