Heat Blasting Driver Legs - 95 Contour

Old 07-26-06, 09:14 AM
Question Heat Blasting Driver Legs - 95 Contour

Just bought this 95 Contour. AC compressor was already replaced and condensor will be replaced next week. In the meantime I'm driving with all the windows wide open. There's heat blasting my feet and legs, but not on the passenger side. I've got heat, vents and AC all turned off. Some of the heat feels like it's coming right out of the steering column, although it's hard to tell exactly where it's all coming from. Also, temp guage is not working and to be replaced also next week. When stopped with engine running the fan is working fine... Could this be coming from the guage not working somehow? What about the firewall?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-06, 10:47 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Turn the knob to recircle with everything off

Old 07-26-06, 05:55 PM
It sounds as is the temperature blend door may be stuck/broke. The door is a flap that changes the direction of the air from the blower over either the heater core (for heat) or the evaporator core (for cold). If the door is stuck/broke, and allowing air to blow over the heater core, you are going to get heat.

You should be able to verify whether or not it's working correctly by placing the air on the dashboard vents and then rotating the temperature control from hot to cold and back again. You should feel a significant temperature change between the two extremes even if the AC is not working.