Mitsubishi Lancer Frt Brakes

Old 07-27-06, 09:35 AM
Group Moderator
Mitsubishi Lancer Frt Brakes

Anybody know off the top of their head if the front rotors are just slip-off or if it requires more extensive work (besides getting the caliper out of the way, that is)?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-06, 03:27 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You are looking for the quick answer here...because that is why we are here. But *I* can't tell you. But a quick answer maybe could be had by calling up your local auto salveage yard.

Old 07-27-06, 04:52 PM
Group Moderator
Tried for the quick answer while lunching. Mentioned it at one of the garages this pm and they said "most likely". Had to order the rotors and they'll be in tomorrow am, so will probably be able to tell from them.

Old 07-27-06, 05:32 PM
Let us know if the job was easier or harder than you expected.

*I* lived in Sarasota county!

I learned everything I know about cars, from Bill and Brenda at Siesta Key Citgo. Welll...not everything...but he did teach me how to run the scope...and let me drive his GTO "The Judge".

Old 07-27-06, 07:34 PM
gravy job they are slip/pound off.

Old 07-28-06, 04:29 AM
Group Moderator
Thanks snucker; suspected as much. It's my sister's car and she's 95 miles up the road. We had already planned on going up there this weekend to visit family, just needed to know how many tools to throw in. Divorced mom w/3 kids and the $420 quote was a budget-buster.

Old 07-28-06, 06:50 AM
They may have the 2 philip screws in them that hold the rotor on. So don't forget to bring a screw driver and big pliers so you can crack those loose.

Or they have the screw holes that aid in getting the rotor off by putting screws in them. forgot which.

Old 07-28-06, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by snuckers99
They may have the 2 philip screws in them that hold the rotor on. So don't forget to bring a screw driver and big pliers so you can crack those loose.

Or they have the screw holes that aid in getting the rotor off by putting screws in them. forgot which.
With phillips screws, it helps to have the exact #2 or #3 bit and either a real long shafted screwdriver or the big round ball type, for extra torque. They both produce additional torque. And some Liquid Wrench or Pb blaster.