No A/C '96 Monte Carlo

Old 07-27-06, 09:04 PM
foxbat5150
Visiting Guest
No A/C '96 Monte Carlo

I screwed up!!!!!!!!!

Replaced seized compressor, charged and car was cooling. Had small leak that required a can every 6 months. Could not find leak using dye or electronic detector (before compressor seized) and purchased can of 134 with leakstop. After changing compressor and charging and verifying car was cooling, I put the leakstop in.

Car cooled for another 5 mins and stopped. I replaced the orifice tube, checked accumulator and recharged today. Car took 2 cans, But could see accumulator was sweating.

Even though the compressor is engaged, could I have damaged the compressor with the leakstop? Is there another filter/dryer somewhere?

Any suggestions???

Thanks!!!!!

Joey

Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-06, 06:16 AM
At this point you really need to have a set a manifold gauges hooked up to you low and high side pressure fittings to determine exactly what is going on with your AC. The pressure readings will help determine whether you have a blockage, bad orifice tube, bad compressor, etc. There's no where else to go from here.

Old 07-28-06, 06:48 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Leak stop won't damage your compressor. but you didn't state if you pulled a vacuum after replacing orifice tube. If you didn't the leak stop can gum up in the orifice tube. This is because leak stop reacts with moisture. You didn't pull a vacuum so there was plenty of moisture in the system to cause the leak stop to harden instead of staying a liquid.

You need gauges to find out whats going on.