1993 Chevy Silverado wiper alignment

Old 07-29-06, 11:05 AM
1993 Chevy Silverado wiper alignment

Hi, The wipers on my truck are out of alignment. I pulled off the wiper arms and see a grooved stud for the wiper arms to be set in one position only. Is there a way to align the wipers?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-06, 06:45 AM
Originally Posted by Heavychevy69
Hi, The wipers on my truck are out of alignment. I pulled off the wiper arms and see a grooved stud for the wiper arms to be set in one position only. Is there a way to align the wipers?
Is there actually a corresponding key in the wiper arm that engages the groove on the stud or is the wiper arm socket all round? I don't think I've ever seen a GM vehicle that you couldn't adjust the wiper arms on. Normally you would just remove the arm from the stud and rotate it so that when the wipers are parked the blades are lined up with the blackout line at the bottom of the glass.

Christopher

Old 07-30-06, 10:44 AM
no there is a one groove that prevents you from being able to rotate the wiper arm and doing a turn alignment.

Old 07-30-06, 01:02 PM
no there is a one groove that prevents you from being able to rotate the wiper arm and doing a turn alignment.
Do your wiper arms have the locking tab on them that has to be pulled out to release the arm? You may have to park the wipers, then disconnect the wiper linkage from the motor. At that point you should be able to reposition the blades and reconnect the linkage to the motor. Are they equally out of adjustment or is one blade predominately higher than the other?

Christopher

Last edited by ChristopherT; 07-30-06 at 01:23 PM.
Old 07-31-06, 08:20 AM
Yes there is a locking tab when you move it in the up postion the wiper arms can be released. The driver wiper arm is raised too high and the passenger wiper arm is too low. If I have to release the linkage from the wiper motor how do I reach it? take out the whole guard by the windshield?

Old 07-31-06, 12:18 PM
Yes there is a locking tab when you move it in the up postion the wiper arms can be released. The driver wiper arm is raised too high and the passenger wiper arm is too low. If I have to release the linkage from the wiper motor how do I reach it? take out the whole guard by the windshield?
Probably! It's been a quite few years since I had a pickup to work on. On my Buick it's only a matter of unbolting the cowl nuts and disconnecting all the electrical and plumbing connections. Do you have access to a Chilton's manual or a public library?

Christopher