1993 Buick Lesabre No Start

Old 07-29-06, 10:30 PM
Unhappy 1993 Buick Lesabre No Start

Hi all.

I have 1993 Buick Lesabre with a problem. It will not start, all i get is a single "CLICK". The battery is good, we've tried jump-starting, yet the same "CLICK". We've try the "tap on the starter" trick, still nothing. It started,and was running fine 10 minutes before the said problem. I moved it forward to vacuum it out, turned it off, went to left 20 minutes later and then the problem started.

My question; Does the starter in these 3.8 engines just die sometimes? I am on a limited budget and can't just go replacing parts on a whim.

Thanks in Advance.

Dan

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-06, 06:27 AM
Originally Posted by delanis
Hi all.

My question; Does the starter in these 3.8 engines just die sometimes? I am on a limited budget and can't just go replacing parts on a whim.

Thanks in Advance.

Dan
They do die, Dan. Mine has gone 118K, knock on wood, but I think you should consider replacing the starter. Get one that comes with a new solenoid to avoid that issue too. I believe most of the major parts places still test starters and alternators for customers. I'm assuming that you checked all the fuses and cables before you posted.

Christopher

Old 07-30-06, 08:55 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
As Christopher said, be sure to check, and clean battery cables first. Check the battery terminal at the starter. A little corrosion makes a big insulator. If you want to tap something, tap the battery cable at the starter terminal. I have got a few GM cars started by doing that. It may jar the cable just enough to make good contact.