1995 Grand Am Door Lock Problem

Old 07-30-06, 09:27 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question 1995 Grand Am Door Lock Problem

Good day all,

I have a 1995 Grand Am GT (2 DR.) and am having a problem with my power door lock buttons. Both door locks have stopped working when I push them, however the remote keyless entry is working fine and the doors lock when the car is put into gear but do not unlock when the vehicle is turned off. I also noticed that my son put a penny in my cigarette lighter and that is making me think that this may have caused a short in the system and burned out the door locks. Any ideas what I should be looking for and where?

Thanks
Anthony

Old 07-30-06, 11:13 AM
Check your fuses. There should be a fuse box inside the cabin area, as well as a box under the hood.

The kid should have a label that will tell you what fuses are for what.

Old 07-31-06, 07:30 AM
C
Originally Posted by abalouk
Good day all,
I also noticed that my son put a penny in my cigarette lighter and that is making me think that this may have caused a short in the system and burned out the door locks. Any ideas what I should be looking for and where?
Thanks
Anthony
I got three of my own! First, I'd take the penny out of the lighter socket and check all the fuses. The cigarette lighter fuse is probably a 20 amp, and definately will be bad. The door locks are on fuse "K" (INTERIOR) also probably a 20 amp circuit as well. There might also be a circuit breaker in the fuse box that also controls the door locks too. There are several circuits involved with the door locks.

Christopher

Old 08-01-06, 04:19 AM
V
doorlocks

On some models the doorlock switches are wired to the same fuse as the cigarette lighter -- on others to the CTSY fuse. If this fuse opens, the keyless entry remote lock control will still work (tied to the Gages fuse).

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: