1992 Dodge Dakota Air Cond. problem

Old 08-01-06, 03:33 PM
1992 Dodge Dakota Air Cond. problem

!992 Dodge Dakota pickup
4 wheel drive automatic transmission 3.9 V6

The air conditioner works but when you accelerate the air stops coming out of the dash vents and comes out of the defroster vents. I know there must be a check valve missing or defective.

Does anyone know where it should be. I can only find one small check valve and it is near the center at the rear of the intake manifold. The hoses to it are running right to left and it works ok and is installed in the correct direction.

Help please.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-06, 03:51 PM
That's the right one and you are also right about vacuum problem. The easies and cheapest way to fix this is add another bigger vacuum check valve in the line, I don't have a Mopar part number handy but you can drop by you local dodge or auto part (prefer Dodge) and ask for one, tell them what you have and what you want, they'll be able to help, if not post back and I'll try to find part number for you.

Old 08-01-06, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by New guy
That's the right one and you are also right about vacuum problem. The easies and cheapest way to fix this is add another bigger vacuum check valve in the line, I don't have a Mopar part number handy but you can drop by you local dodge or auto part (prefer Dodge) and ask for one, tell them what you have and what you want, they'll be able to help, if not post back and I'll try to find part number for you.
Thanks for the help. You are right. The check valve must be intermittent. Because I checked it a few days ago and it worked fine. I decided to check it again tonight after I posted and it was not working. I will get a new one tomorrow.

Search this Thread