Engine light P1443

Old 08-01-06, 08:51 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Engine light P1443

1996 ford ranger xlt 4 cyl. Engine light on and had the meter run on it and came up with P1443. Auto Zone told that number was to high for them to check. Any help out there for me? And if I can fix it, do I need to take it to a shop to get the light re-set? Thanks for the help..

Old 08-01-06, 09:17 PM
C
Originally Posted by pdx2mmh
1996 ford ranger xlt 4 cyl. Engine light on and had the meter run on it and came up with P1443. Auto Zone told that number was to high for them to check. Any help out there for me? And if I can fix it, do I need to take it to a shop to get the light re-set? Thanks for the help..
Take the negative cable off the battery for a few minutes. Then put it back on. That should clear the check engine light. If the problem is still there the light will come back on.

Old 08-01-06, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by car nut
Take the negative cable off the battery for a few minutes. Then put it back on. That should clear the check engine light. If the problem is still there the light will come back on.

OBD II system cannot be reset by disconnecting batt terminals,
use a scanner to pull code(s) and go from there...

Old 08-02-06, 04:33 AM
Group Moderator
Received 250 Upvotes on 202 Posts
P1443 Evaporative Emission Control System - Vacuum System - Purge Control Solenoid or Purge Control Valve fault

Check connectors and vacuum hoses to solenoid and cannister for starters. Go to autozone.com and should be able to find the info you need.

Old 08-02-06, 03:00 PM
C
Originally Posted by LouBazooka
OBD II system cannot be reset by disconnecting batt terminals,
use a scanner to pull code(s) and go from there...
You can clear the check engine light that way on GM products with OBD II, so I would be suprised if it would not also work on a Ford. I certainly could be wrong.

He already pulled the code.??

He can try it and see if it works.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: