92 ford exploer 4.0L a/c unit

Old 08-07-06, 06:35 PM
F
Fishman
Visiting Guest

Hi to all I have replaced every componet in my a/c unit and I mean EVERY part.it is now ready to be charged w/134a.How much oil do I need to put in the system if completely dry? What is the best way to put it in? How much 134a do's it take? If you can't answer my Question what or where can I get the answer? THANK'S for your time Neil

Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-06, 07:52 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
several sites around the web Napa has one it is listed as NAPA refrigerant capacity charts or something similar

Old 08-07-06, 08:14 PM
B
a/c ford

define what you say as everything ie, compressor, dryer, condensor, lines etc. do you have the proper equiptment to properly recharge the unit with the correct oil-to- freon levels, do you have the ability to pump the system down to make sure that there are no leaks etc, are you certified with the epa to handle m.o.v. refridgerants? i could say alot more stuff, but i think that with what you have done, is to take the car to a "good" shop and have them finish the job that you started. we cannot give any advice on any type of recharging,reclaiming anything that has to do with refridgerants to anyone that isn't certifiied in person, and will not give that info out on this forum, sorry. but please let us
know how this project worked out.

barry

Old 08-07-06, 09:04 PM
F
Fishman
Visiting Guest

Hi Barry :Yes to all your Questions on my post.All I was looking for is some information on oil or a good sight to look I am sorry I did not know the rules. The information in your thread Was very helpful.I would like to thank you two for your help.Neil

Last edited by Forums; 08-11-06 at 12:18 PM.
Old 09-05-06, 09:44 PM
P
adj clutch cycling switch

be sure an use a adj low presure switch . So you can get the clutch cycling just right. so it will be good & cold