Engine races

Old 08-08-06, 10:55 AM
C
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine races

I just rreplaced the exhaust manifold in a 99 Jeep Wrangler, 4.0L. This involved taking the fuel injectors and intake manafold off. I've got everything back together and when I started the engine it just races at about 5,000 rpm. What do I need to do now?

Old 08-08-06, 05:06 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by CliffLm
I just rreplaced the exhaust manifold in a 99 Jeep Wrangler, 4.0L. This involved taking the fuel injectors and intake manafold off. I've got everything back together and when I started the engine it just races at about 5,000 rpm. What do I need to do now?
My friends car did this.When he started it he had to put it into drive real fast cause you can't put it in gear that fast.Turned out it was the computer.This was a 95 crysler cirrus.Witch eventually caught fire from the fuse box under the hood.

Old 08-09-06, 07:03 PM
Have you checked that you plugged everything back in correctly and that there are no vacuum leaks?

Old 08-10-06, 04:44 PM
C
Thanks for your replies.
I've checked all the plugs, it's made so any one plug wont fit in another socket, so that's kinda nice. I've also checked the vacuum line and they seem to be ok. I'm still stumped, I'm thinking too that it must be the computer, I'm screwed.

Old 08-10-06, 05:39 PM
Racing Engine

Sounds like a vaccum leak, and a large 1 at that.. 1 of the most often overlooked items to put back, is the hose to the brake booster.
Also, and chance the throttle cable got kinked, and is hold the throttle plate open? Look down the thottle bore, with the engine off, and see if it's completely shut, or open..

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: