2000 Suburban Window

Old 08-10-06, 09:08 PM
2000 Suburban Window

Rear Left Window Glass will not go up or down, I can hear the motor working but something sounds amiss any idea on how to fix this or where to take it ? thank you all

Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-06, 10:13 PM
You vehicle is equipped with a wire type regulator (the mechanical part the motor is connected to that makes the window go up and down). It is a common failure for the regulator to break and the wire to come unspooled.

Unfortunately, I don't believe the rear window regulator is available aftermarket from an auto parts store. The front is but that's because it's the front that usually fails.

You are looking at either purchasing the regulator at the dealership or from a salvage yard. I don't recommend the salvage yard option since these things go bad pretty often and it only stands to reason a used one may already be close to failing again. The good news is that the repair is fairly simple and should only take about 1/2 hour.

Old 08-11-06, 09:52 PM
Thank you I will call the dealership

Old 08-14-06, 09:18 PM
Update

Right on the money davzack, we removed door panel and noticed wire just out of whack, not completely unspooled but kind of bent and " chewed " over, it seems that what caused the failure was not the actual cable but the plastic tubing, it broke off where it meets the motor lower part of spool.
Anyways the obvious question is can I just buy the wire or do I have to get the whole regulator motor ?

Old 08-15-06, 05:19 AM
call the dealer and ask the parts guys whether the regulator comes only as an assembly or if there are parts available to repair it.