94 vortec, not getting fuel

Old 08-12-06, 08:11 AM
Negoshe8n
Visiting Guest
94 vortec, not getting fuel

I have a 94 Bravada with the 4.3 vortec. It just sputterd out at around 50mph. 50 bucks worth of gas in the tank. It will run with starting fluid. Pump comes on and seems to sound ok. I am going to pull the filter and check the flow. No codes.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-06, 09:08 AM
Check the fuel filter, when you remove the old one check to see what clogged it up if possible, if it came from the last fill up it could happen again in the next 50 miles. Have a nice day. Geo

Old 08-12-06, 09:26 AM
Negoshe8n
Visiting Guest
Got a new filter on. no dif. I left the end open on the filter and turned the key for the pump to come on. I have a very full tank and this is pointing slightly downhill. The fuel runs out when I turn the pump on. It doesn't seem to be rushing out like I would have thought it to. I don't have a fuel pressure checker yet. So I'm trying to check it this way. Shouldn't the fuel really be spraying out of the line with the pump running?

Old 08-12-06, 11:06 AM
last year my father had a fuel problem with a 93 Chev.
We tried a fuel pump.
When it was out we hooked up the wires to each and listened.
The new one made more noise then the old one.
Put the new one in and no problem.
So they can get weak and still make noise but not run the car.

I would also pull the wire off the coolant temperature sensor and see if the car operates then.

Old 08-12-06, 12:39 PM
you really need a fuel pressure guage would also suspect the fuel pump if the pressure guage reads less than 55 psi fuel pressure.

Old 08-12-06, 09:02 PM
The CMFI (Central Multi-Point Fuel Injection) assembly is notorious for going bad on these vehicles. It is also referred to as the fuel spider because it looks like a spider when assembled. It is a plastic fuel injector assembly that sits under the intake...when some genius at GM thought it would be able to withstand the heat and vibration. Anyway, they bake and shake and break...causing the intake to be flooded with gas and cause a no-start condition.

Search this Thread