93 Subaru Impreza

Old 08-12-06, 07:30 PM
93 Subaru Impreza

I was wondering if anyone knows where the fuel pump is located on the 93 Subaru Impreza? The reason i am asking is because i have changed the fuel filter already and my car keeps sputtering and cutting off after a while of driving. i have also done an complete tune up but never did the fuel pump.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-06, 08:29 PM
It's located inside the fuel tank. I don't remember if you have to drop the fuel tank or not...there may be an access panel under the rear seat or in the trunk.

Old 08-13-06, 11:21 AM
93 Subaru Impreza

Thanks and one more question that someone can help me with. My car has been sputtering amd stalling out but will crank back up with no problem but afterwhile it will do the same thing. i changed the plugs, wires, fuel filter, and the fuel injection regulator. does anybody have any suggestions cause someone told me to change out the fuel pump to see if that works cause it seems like the car isnt' getting amy fuel at times.

Old 08-13-06, 04:19 PM
I would not throw parts at the problem without at least checking out fuel pressure and making sure the fuel filter is not installed backward. It could also be an electrical ground. Someone with much more knowledge should help out soon.

Search this Thread