94 Jeep Cherokee AC Comp. Valve stem problem

Old 08-16-06, 10:45 PM
Cool 94 Jeep Cherokee AC Comp. Valve stem problem

I have a 1994 Jepp Cherokee and on the back of the compressor where you service the high pressure side the valve stem is missing. I have to keep the systems valve closed on the high side. If I open the valve, the freon starts to leak out, obviously this is because there is no valve stem. I have tried to replace the valve stem but unfortunately cannot get it to screw in. I am using the proper tool, etc. to no evail. Are there diferent size valve stems? I dont believe that it is stipped. Help if you can. STUCK.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-06, 03:35 AM
if it has the valves that you open and close then they generally dont have schrader valves, that is what the valves are for you open them when you have guages hooked to the system so you can read pressures and add freon and service the a/c then you close the valve and remove the guages when your done.
if it doesnt have the valves then you would just have a cap and a shrader valve like most vehicles have seen both styles on jeeps.

Old 09-05-06, 10:10 PM
retrofit

go to NAPA or O'REILLYS an get you a set of high & low side steel retrofit fittings . comes with cap an all.