Removing paint on steering wheel.

Old 08-20-06, 10:36 AM
Removing paint on steering wheel.

I just put alot of new parts inside my 76 vette. I bought some inside paint from the vette shop to do a few little touch-up spots on the inside of my T-tops. My steering wheel was looking a little old so I also spray painted that. The problem is, the steering wheel never seemed to dry all the way, it's sticky all the time. Does anyone know of anything I can use to take the stickyness off the steering wheel or something to get the paint off. I'm not sure what the steering wheel is made of, some hard rubber. I just don't want to put anything on it to remove the paint if its going to make the problem worst. Thanks........

Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-06, 05:34 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I'm not sure if there is anything that will remove the paint without disolving the steering wheel some. Repainting the steering wheel [with a different paint] might help, I suppose you could even use a spray poly. Hopefully the new coating would dry, locking in the uncured coating beneath it.

If there is a shop nearby that specializes in vehichle restorations, they would probably know more about what the best fix would be.

Search this Thread