Transmission Fluid Change

Old 08-21-06, 02:21 PM
BEJ
Transmission Fluid Change

I have a '97 Nissan, 2WD, pickup truck. I wanted to change the transmission fluid, but since I live in a condo, I have no place to make the change, thus I've been checking around to find a reputable garage, etc. to do the work. So far, the best price I've found is around $140. This is using what they call a "T-Tech" system that sucks out the old fluid. They don't pull the pan or replace the filter. This sounds pretty shaky to me to say the least. What do you think. Is this system the wave of the future and does it really get out the garbage trapped in the filter (so says the "T-Tech" mechanic). TIA for all responses.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-06, 03:04 PM
Fluid Change

That machine really works it actually changes the entire fluid not only a couple quarts.
I used to work at a fast lube shop years ago and it really did the job right, make sure they use approved fluid for your tranny.
As for the filter element, ask them to replace it as well or take truck to a place where they do the complete job.

Old 08-22-06, 02:51 AM
Gravity hasn't changed the last time i looked all those loose shred of metals are on the bottom get it going it floats around every where causing problem . And jiffy lube is the worst place on earth to take a car. My wife took the car there for oil change they wanted to do a break job [IT WAS NOT NECESSARY] then they put only 2 quarts of oil for the oil change. Now this car is a LEXUS if i kept it the way they left it i would be buying another LEXUS for 50,000.00 bucks for the price of 2 extra can of oils. BEWARE OF JIFFY LUBE