rear heater line?

Old 08-20-06, 04:48 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
rear heater line?

I have a 2000 Chrysler Town n Country that keeps over heating.
I need to replace the line coming from the rear of the engine. It has totally rusted out. Van was caught in flood waters 2 years ago. Engine was replaced then. This line carries coolant to the rear heating/air conditioner unit. Can I do this myself or do I give up big bucks to the dealership? Doesn't seem to be enough room to get tools in to get it off the back of the motor.

Old 08-21-06, 01:27 PM
E
Don't know whether or not you need to pay or not but you ABSOLUTELY need to get it taken care of. Overheating will cause you to lose an engine real quick. Also all your fluids, oils, have been broken down by overheating the engine and they should be changed.

Old 08-21-06, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by kathro
I have a 2000 Chrysler Town n Country that keeps over heating.
I need to replace the line coming from the rear of the engine. It has totally rusted out. Van was caught in flood waters 2 years ago. Engine was replaced then. This line carries coolant to the rear heating/air conditioner unit. Can I do this myself or do I give up big bucks to the dealership? Doesn't seem to be enough room to get tools in to get it off the back of the motor.
On the back of the motor is not a problem, the problem you'll face to is the one at the other ends, most of time dirts/rust get inside the quick disconnecting connectors at the rear heater core and they are stuck in there for good.

Old 08-21-06, 07:34 PM
K
Talking thanks

thanks for the advice...I am letting the pros do the repairs
got what I feel is a very reasonable estimate this afternoon

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: