98 passport (Isuzu) no start

Old 08-27-06, 12:16 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
98 passport (Isuzu) no start

Novice here... Car won't start, no clicking, no nothing. But, if we try a couple times, it will start. Sometimes it starts 1st time, and other times not. Today was the worst. My husband took it to Auto Zone and the battery was fine. We're thinking starter. What's odd is that we've noticed other little electrical weird events lately. For instance, sometimes the light doesn't work where the gear letters are on the console (1 2 3 D1 D2 R) when the headlights are on. Other times the light does work and we can see the gear indicators. Sometimes there's a clicking, etc. Does this sound like the starter or a loose wire connection? I know this is vague and maybe one has nothing to do with the other. Just odd. But it's Russian Rhoulette every time we try to start the car. And we're dumb. Is there a way to test a solonoid to see if that's a problem?

Old 08-27-06, 03:35 PM
O
Check the negative terminal ground that is going to the chassis. Also check the negative & posetive terminal on the battery. Check cables going to the stater see if its loose. I hope this helps. Keep me posted.

Om

Old 08-28-06, 04:22 PM
B
from bad to worse

Thanks for your reply. I was kind of thinking or hoping it was just something loose. Anyway, I was on a strict time constraint so I dropped it off at a shop where they said it was the starter. They fixed it I paid, then drove it about 10 minutes and the CHECK ENGINE light came on, and that hadn't happened before. Of course by now shop is closed. I took it to autozone and they hooked it up and they said it was sayingthe oxygen senser (O2 bank2) was bad. He said to call the shop that did the starter and see what they think could have happened. Is there a connection?? What a coincidence. I'm ill right now. Any thoughts on this? Thanks very much.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: