Ford problems again

Old 09-01-06, 09:11 PM
Ford problems again

I changed the the radiator,put 1 gallon of 50/50 coolant in a brand new radiator and its still over heating and smoking.What could be the problem?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-06, 09:58 PM
Just 1 gallon? Not sure how much you need but that doesn't sound like enough.

Old 09-02-06, 04:32 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Make sure the radiator/system is full. Check and make sure the fan comes on and runs. If there is white exhaust smoke the likely culprit is a bad head gasket.

Old 09-02-06, 09:40 AM
Well it is like a light white smoke and when I looked under the car it was leaking green and red fluids could it be my valves not tight?..and also when the car started smoking I popped the hood and the radiator hose was disconnected from the radiator with metal part gone.

Old 09-03-06, 04:56 AM
what metal parts

By metal parts you mean hose clamps? replace them you need them that is a reason for a leak.

Old 09-03-06, 05:25 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
White smoke out the exhaust pipe is an indicator of water/coolant leaking past the head gasket.

Smoke/steam in the engine compartment indicates a leak. As Michael said all hoses must be securely clamped in place. Don't forget to top off the radiator to replace coolant lost.

Wouldn't hurt to have a knowledgable person to look over yoiur work and double check everything for you.