2004 F-150 SuperCrew 4x4 - broken power mirror

Old 09-05-06, 02:25 PM
2004 F-150 SuperCrew 4x4 - broken power mirror

My passenger side mirror on my 2004 F150 is broken...My wife backed out the garage and caught the mirror and busted the "swivel" that is between the mirror house and the mirror mount that is attached to the truck. The actual mirror (glass part) itself is not broken nor is the functionality of the mirror (power movement, heater, and turn signal). The deal told me that the miror is sold as a whole package and quoted me $130 for a new one - with out installation. I tried to search the Internet and find the mirror cheaper but was nto able to find the exact mirror. I also called around to some of the local salvage yards without luck.
So I wanted to know if anyone knew if that price was extreme or is there a good web site to go to? Also replacing this would it be a task?

Thanks,

RM

Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-06, 04:59 AM
Group Moderator
See if any of these match:

http://www.ezbodyparts.com/buy/index.php?cat=Mirror&make=FORD&model=F150%20PICKUP&year=2004

I've gotten a couple of mirrors from them and they seem to be good quality for the price. Removal and replacement is generally pretty strightforward stuff. It is NOT something I would pay a dealer a premium price to do.

Old 09-06-06, 11:46 AM
Thanks...those don't seem to match up. I need heat and signal in mine. Haven't been able to find anything on the web yet for them which really surprises me.

Ray

Old 09-07-06, 05:03 AM
Group Moderator
My guess would be either too new or too specialized (heat/signal) for the aftermarket suppliers. The $130 price may not be too bad for that kind of unit. I think I would bite the bullet and buy it, BUT I would DEFINITELY do the job myself. It's about a 30 minute job tops, but you might ask them how much to install. I wouldn't pay more than about $50 for the job if I wasn't inclined to diy it. If the dealer labor is much higher, find a good independent garage.

Search this Thread