87 Maxima stalling problems

Old 09-13-06, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
87 Maxima stalling problems

i'm riding along in my 87 maxima and I come to a stop and it begins to stall, almost like it's gasping for air or fuel and stalls out in about 4 secs thereafter. I turn the key and eventually it cranks and idles fine. I put it into gear and take off just fine but after it shifts to 2nd gear (automatic) it stalls out again. Just changed the air filter and fuel filter. This doesn't happen on every ride out, just occasionally like once or twice a day when I'm doing a little bit of riding. AFter it gets itself together, it rides just fine, however, occurences are happening more and more to the point where I don't trust it on the road.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-06, 04:33 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
check your connection at the mass air flow sensor on the air cleaner. It may be a vaccum leak. With the car in park rev the engine constant to 2000 rpm. If the engine surges you have either a vaccum leak or your fuel pump is failing. Here is a list of problems it could be.
Excluding the above

Throttle position sensor

fuel regulator
valves in need of adjustment
idle speed stabilizer
idle air control valve

You should do a general ignition tune up before troubleshooting these parts. Check your timing, change your plugs , wires, cap and rotor.