In Trouble!!!

Old 09-17-06, 05:53 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
In Trouble!!!

I have a 1957 Toyota Celiphane XE5. I was on my way to the Riviera when a German U boat pulled out in front of me. Suddenly the check engine parrot gawked at me. Next thing I know my emergency brake read it was a quart over full. The flux capacitor is showing voltage but I think it may need a new thrust bearing. Not to mention the meowing sound coming from my fan shroud. I would really appreciate any help. Thanks ahead of time. By the way, I recently switched to a lighter weight water called kentwood springs, I don't know if that could affect anything.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-06, 06:07 PM
Many people mistake the check engine macaw for a true parrot, which I believe is what the early Celiphanes were equipped with. Check your postulation valve to see if it's got any comportment. If not, switch from the JB to a lighter scotch still.

Old 09-17-06, 08:17 PM
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Wow, I had the same problem mine ended up being, not the thrust bearing, but the index idler pin on the non-thrust end of the thrust bearing some times referred to as a double reverse index idler pin since it is on the non-thrust end of the thrust bearing and I agree with Pecos in that you should switch from JB to something else, you might try a single malt for a while to see if it will relieve the pressure. Have a nice day. Geo

Old 09-17-06, 09:13 PM
I sent off for the OEM Macaw, they sent the wrong one. Does anyone know how to wire the aftermarket gerbil? I hooked the positive to the top and the negative to the bottom. I heard a short whirring sound followed by a slight pop and a burnt smell.
I checked my double reverse index idler pin. It's shot. I think I can put some Boudreaux's butt paste on it and get a few more miles out of it. I fixed the left headlamp, all it needed was 2 AA's. The postulation valve was sticking, it read half the comportment. I installed a silicon implant and its reading full comportment. I'm thinking of replacing this Celiphane with a Reynold's Wrap model 06. Thanks for the help fellas.