missing in action

Old 09-19-06, 10:33 PM
Question missing in action

I have a 2000 P71, My problem is this:I have a intermitint misfire in the #1 cyl atleast that is what the code reader displays. I have replaced all the plugs,2 coil packs,all injectors. When I clear the codes all seems well for awhile then the miss comes back the service light comes on or blinks then stays on.
When it misses if I increase my speed/rpm's it seams to go away or atleast is not noticeable. When the Vic isn't missing it runs strong. 99k on thr speedo, any ideas ?
Thanks, Doc

Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-06, 10:35 PM
HELP I can't figure this out

Originally Posted by ditchdoctor
I have a 2000 P71, My problem is this:I have a intermitint misfire in the #1 cyl atleast that is what the code reader displays. I have replaced all the plugs,2 coil packs,all injectors. When I clear the codes all seems well for awhile then the miss comes back the service light comes on or blinks then stays on.
When it misses if I increase my speed/rpm's it seams to go away or atleast is not noticeable. When the Vic isn't missing it runs strong. 99k on thr speedo, any ideas ?
Thanks, Doc
can't type and spell at the same time

Last edited by ditchdoctor; 09-20-06 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Title Change
Old 09-20-06, 03:47 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I would do a compression check on your cylinders. If you have replaced your coil packs, wires, etc already, I think the compression check is your next task. You can by a DIY kit at AutoZone for like 25-35 bucks I think. If you have low compression in that cyclinder, it will not fire or not fire enough.