'99 Explorer Sport high idle and temp problem

Old 09-21-06, 06:15 PM
Question '99 Explorer Sport high idle and temp problem

The explorer is a 1999 sport 4x4 4.0L V6 automatic. My wife noticed the temperature light on when she wasdring it today and saw the temp needle on H. Soon after the needle went to to about in between H and the middle point of H and C. She also noticed the battery needle a tick lower than the normal of halfway. On the next trip in the truck today, she noticed the truck jumping a little while excellerating. I came home from work and started the truck and noticed that it was idleing higher than normal in park and as soon as I put the truck in drive, the temp gage needle moved up from half to a quater higher towards H. I took it for a drive and did notice that the truck did not shift as smooth as usual in lower speeds and also saw the position of the battery was less than half on the gage.

I have no idea what it could be. Is it the transmission or thermostat or battery or something else or all of the above all at once? Please help!!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-06, 06:22 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Wow, thats a bunch of issues there. The only thing that I can think of that controls most of those is the ECM/ECU (Engine Control Module/Unit. Have Autozone put there OBDII scanner on it and see if it shoots you any codes.