Lights Out???

Old 09-24-06, 12:47 PM
Lights Out???

93 Pontiac Grand Am - Had it inspected last week. Everything fine. Fog light was busted so mechanic cut the wires. Today I notice the interior lights would not go off - even with the key out of the ignition!! Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-06, 03:49 PM
Pull the fuse for the interior lights until you get it figured out. Get a copy of Haynes or Chilton manuals and they have wiring diagrams. Then find someone else to work on your car.

Old 09-24-06, 05:03 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
How do you normally turn on the interior lights when you are in the car? Twist the headlight switch or move the instrument light dimmer to a detent position? Check that first.

Old 09-25-06, 02:29 PM
Thank you for your help. I will try to find the fuse for the interior lights and pull them. Can this drain my new battery? Should I be worried about a fire hazard?

I turn on the interior light by moving the light dimmer.

Thanks again.

Old 09-25-06, 06:30 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Since you checked the dimmer switch, next stop is to check the door switches on both front doors. The problem has no relation to the cut fog light wire. If the light burns for an extended period, it will drain the battery, although it shouldn't hurt a new battery overnight. The key has nothing to do with the problem. The lights should come on when a door is opened and go out when it is shut.

Search this Thread