1997-98 nissan sentra power window master switch

Old 09-27-06, 01:55 PM
Question 1997-98 nissan sentra power window master switch

Hey guys

I just bought a switch that came out of a 97 sentra for my 98. I plugged it is it did not operate the way it should have and tripped circuit (with a bit of electrical smell. From my own research the 97 and 98 are compatible. This new switch has 9 connection pins across the top and 7 across the bottom and the old one has 7 and 7. I want to get this straight before I get into it with the merchant in case I am at fault getting the 97 for my 98. Engine is GA16DE, 1.6, manual, sentra 1998

Thanks men
Rob

Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-06, 06:00 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Did your 98 have auto-down switch? I believe those two extra pins are for the auto down feature, I could be wrong. If you used that new plug on your 98 that did not have auto down, it might short the switch out.

Old 09-27-06, 06:40 PM
Question auto down feature 98 nissan window

I do not know. That is the reason for the new switch. That is the button that had been missing from the time the car was purchased (drivers side)the switch could be operated for a time with probe but degraded. The auto down feature was never triggered in the process but I cannot say for sure that it did not come equipped. Is this the likely problem with the extra pins.? The merchants never made a distinction in any of the adverts I checked. The switches are not the same type in the contact region(under the button).
thanks again

Old 10-02-06, 06:44 PM
25401-9E000 98 sentra
25401-4B210 97 senta

Looks like they don't interchange...hope you didn't melt too many wires

Old 10-03-06, 03:50 AM
No, he didn't melt any wire just yet, just the switch is burnt, wrong wires location compare to both.

Just a question, where did you get the replacement switch ? and who told you that they are interchangeable?. (junk yards???).