Window problems Plymouth Van

Old 09-28-06, 05:51 AM
Smile Window problems Plymouth Van

Hi.
I'm not sure if anyone has ever had this problem, I did a search and didn't find anything. I have a 1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager we bought used last year. The rear vent windows have stopped opening. First it was the right window and now the left window has stopped responding. By playing with the switch a little I finally got it to close yesterday and now both stay shut. If I push on the switch I can hear a humming but the windows don't move. Also the hatchback door is sticking. We tried oiling it and it worked ok for a day but it almost responds like it's locked when it's not. I pull and pull and the door doesn't open. I don't think the two issues are connected but since it's all in the back of the van I wasn't sure if somehow they're both being caused by some malfunction back there.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I checked the book carefully cover to cover and found nothing about any of this.
Mary

Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-06, 10:22 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
All three problems - two vent windows and tailgate could be related if the car was rear ended and not properly repaired. Since you just brought it, you wouldn't know. You might try checking into it's history. Carfax is one source.

Old 10-12-06, 01:17 PM
Thank you. I will check into it.
Mary