Heater not keeping air warm

Old 09-30-06, 07:35 AM
Heater not keeping air warm

2002 Chevy Blazer. The heater will start to blow warm air but as you drive in the cool air, the air inside cools down as well. Still a little bit of heat from it but not like it should be. The temp gauge stays at about 200 / 205 degrees. I've replaced the thermostat but no change. One person has said that there might be a valve or sensor that might be preventing the circulation of the warmer coolant.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-06, 11:52 AM
Sounds like a plugged heater core to me...pretty common I think...flush it out good with a garden hose

Old 09-30-06, 01:34 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
With only four years on it, I doubt that the heater core is plugged. I would be looking for a heat valve or sticking duct door which may be blending too much outside air with the heated air.

Old 09-30-06, 09:40 PM
ever worked on something with dexcool? have seen them plug up with dex-mud in under 2 years old

Old 10-01-06, 05:51 AM
I would put one of those rad flush kits and mount the garden hose connection the the upper heater hose where it is the highest.
I have had trouble with air in the upper heater hose in the past.
I now put the garden hose connection as an easy way to bleed the air as well as flush the system.
Air will go to the high parts of a system and is compressible and cause weird things to happen.