2000 Pontiac Montana Power Window Problems

Old 09-30-06, 04:06 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
2000 Pontiac Montana Power Window Problems

Recently, the power window switch on the drivers side quit working. I ordered a new switch to replace the bad one, but the new one does not work either. I have changed the fuse on the fuse panel and this does not work. The power window on the passenger's side works if operated by the passenger side switch, but does not work from the driver's side switch. What can I check next?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-06, 04:48 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Check ALL your fuses. Don't only check the fuse that says "PWR LOCKS", check them all since they may share the same block. If ALL fuses are good, check your switches to make sure all the connections have been made are good.

Old 09-30-06, 08:41 PM
I have checked all of the fuses and everything appears in order. Everything else in the van is working except for the driver's side power window and it's control to the passenger's side window. The passenger's side window itself works, so I guess that really rules out a fuse. Any other ideas? Your thoughts are very much appreciated! I don't want to take this to the dealership and get charged $100s of dollars.

Old 10-01-06, 09:23 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
If you have a Haynes/Chiltons manual, follow those drivers side wires to a relay. They should go into one. That relay may be faulty. Also, if you have a multimeter, check for 12vDC at those connector pins going into the switches.

Old 10-01-06, 09:19 PM
You may find something helpful at http://www.xxxxxxxxxxxxx.com. Once you go there, pick Pontiac, then pick Montana. Then do a Search on "power window".

Good luck.

Last edited by the_tow_guy; 10-03-06 at 06:06 AM. Reason: Only links to specific topic pages in other forums allowed.
Old 10-02-06, 08:45 PM
Cool

Thank you all for your help. I appreciate it. I checked the wiring with the voltage meter and the switch isn't getting any power to it. The other power items on the drivers side work (power windows, power lock) so it is very strange. I think it's about time to give up though I'm a very busy soccer mom, 3 kids, full-time career woman, etc... and although it has been very theraputic for me to tear apart my van (loved every minute of it!) I think I'm in over my head... I knew it was probably time to quit when my husband asked me to please not tear the dash board off looking for where all the door wiring disappeared to... (I had already started trying to pull it off!) Ha ha!

Oh well, it was fun. Time to call the shop... Thanks again for your help everyone!