where are we suppose to get parts?

Old 10-02-06, 12:07 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
where are we suppose to get parts?

MY sons 96 ford t-bird tail light went out.took it to ford garage.they said it was obselete,they don't make it any more.they gave me some companies that are suppose to make some genenic parts for ford .i contacted them.guess what they don't have the parts any where either. he told me to check salvage yards.i have had them checked within i dont know how far for sure. any i do know the authorities can ticket a vehicle for that light being non-working. they said that was not their problem. ford stopped production on them. this will also be happening on other parts in the future.the ford garage told me they were going to stop making some parts as early as 6 years from date of manufacture.i have never driven any thing else but fords but they cant stop making parts for their products so soon.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-06, 04:57 AM
Group Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 30 Posts
Sealed unit with bulbs you can't replace I assume?

Anything like the ones here:

http://www.ezbodyparts.com/buy/index.php?cat=ALL&make=FORD&model=THUNDERBIRD&year=1996&pn=2

Old 10-02-06, 08:13 AM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Many big salvage yards have internet access to their counterparts throughout the county. They should be able to track down a part for you. Since it will be used, there is no guarentee as to how long it will last.

Old 10-02-06, 08:48 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I would go with EBAY or online salvage yards.