Dodge van engine replacement

Old 10-06-06, 07:07 PM
Question Dodge van engine replacement

In a moment of weakness, I agreed to help a buddy replace an engine in his 1987 B250 Dodge van. I've pulled engines on trucks and cars, but never on a van. Does it come out of the front, or through the bottom? After looking under the hood, I'm thinking it comes out the bottom.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-06, 04:52 AM
Group Moderator
Better you than me, brudda:

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/16/e4/e0/0900823d8016e4e0.jsp

Old 10-07-06, 05:15 AM
Originally Posted by badgasser
In a moment of weakness, I agreed to help a buddy replace an engine in his 1987 B250 Dodge van. I've pulled engines on trucks and cars, but never on a van. Does it come out of the front, or through the bottom? After looking under the hood, I'm thinking it comes out the bottom.
I haven't tried to get them out from the bottom yet.

Most of them are remove from inside with intake manifold removed, on newer vans(2000 up) it's easier to get them out from the front but again, the intake manifold must removed.

If doing from the inside, the "dog house" and front passenger seat must be removed and if it's gonna be out from the front, the front grill and sometime bumper and head lights must be out of the way.

Old 10-08-06, 05:41 PM
Dodge van engine replacement.

Thanks for the reply. He wants to pull the engine/trans as a unit. Sounds like out the front is his only option.