Jeep Grand Cherokee

Old 10-08-06, 10:58 AM
Jeep Grand Cherokee

I have a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. A few weeks ago the transmission/emission light came on. After reading the manual and doing some research online I learned that this dash light is mainly for emission problems. It can be caused buy a bad seal on the gas cap, bad gas, catalytic converter...and so on. It said the vehicle should go be serviced if it does not turn off on its own after a short time (1-5 days). It went off about 5 days later so I assumed it was gas. I now smell a type of burning odor smell (hard to explain) coming from under of the passenger side of the vehicle. That is the side of the exhaust and catalytic converter. It only happens sometimes after long driving times. I do not know if the light and odor are related, but figured I would ask and see if anyone has dealt with this priblem.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-06, 11:50 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Go to Autozone and get the codes read from the OBDII port. They will do this for free. It could be a number of things, the cat for one, but not likely, or an O2 sensor. If an O2 sensor is going out then the computer will think it (engine) is running lean or rich and try to correct it. Get the codes and report back to us.