Quarter window replacement, O1 Cavalier 4 door

Old 10-15-06, 08:56 PM
Quarter window replacement, O1 Cavalier 4 door

I'm actually not going to be doing this myself, but i do need an answer from anyone who knows. I need to replace the quarter window (I think its called the quarter window, its the small triangle shaped window on the back passenger side door). I've called around to a few local auto glass repair shops and the lowest price I have gotten is 130 installed plus tax, Of the people ive talked to around me they seem to think it is kind of pricey for such a small window. So I just need to know from someone who has experience if the prices that Ive gotten 130-155 are reasonable. Is it because its a weird shaped window, because thats the only thing i can think of. Thanks for any advice,
Kevin

Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-06, 08:36 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Sounds about right. The window is not that pricey thing. You have to think, these mechanics charge about $45-55/hr. They will look in the manuals and the "manual" says it will take 2 hrs to replace, so they charge 2 hrs of labor. Even if they only take 30 mins to replace it, they charge the full 2 hrs. Saying that, $130 is high, but sounds about right. You may find a smaller shop that does it cheaper.