1995 Toyota Camry Cooling System Servicing

Old 10-16-06, 11:33 AM
1995 Toyota Camry Cooling System Servicing

1995 Toyota Camry V6 Station Wagon, AT, 69K miles, 1MZ-FE engine. Want to drain, flush, and refill antifreeze coolant in cooling system. I have Hayne's repair manual. Hayne's manual says there are two coolant drain bolts on both sides of the engine block. I only found one (in the front of engine block, stand in front of car and facing to engine, it is on the right side of oil filter) that Hayne's manual shows. Where is another drain bolt? Is there a air bleed bolt? If it is, where it is? What are the steps to refill coolant to avoid air in the cooling system? Hayne's manual never mentions about air bleed bold in this manual, but it does mention in Honda Accord's manual. Thanks in advace!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-06, 10:45 AM
Any Toyota experts here who can help me on this? Any comment is appreciated! Thanks!

Old 10-17-06, 11:05 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Those plugs on the engine block are freeze plugs. Not really necessary to flush system. There is a drain plug on the radiator itself. Drain system from there. You will not get all of it the initial time, but, drain most of the fluid that way, stick a garden hose in the radiator filler and flush radiator out. Run engine for a minute to get the rest back into radiator. Drain and flush again. After doing so, run some distilled water into radiator to get inpurities out. Refill with coolant.
This is how I did mine and it came out well.

Old 10-18-06, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the replied, I will take your suggestion.