Mercury sable heater/ac fan

Old 10-16-06, 04:43 PM
Mercury sable heater/ac fan

the fan switch on my 2002 Mercury Sable only works on the high speed. Can anyone tell me what it might be? How to repair as well
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-06, 05:12 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
It's not worth repairing your current switch. It will be easier to go to a junkyard and find the same one from a different vehicle.

Old 10-16-06, 07:58 PM
The switch is probably okay, sounds like the blower motor resistor is bad. Any part store should have one and they are usually inexpensive.

I think you will find it if you remove the cover under the glove box. Probably held in by 2 screws and has a 4 or 5 wire connector attached to it.

Old 10-17-06, 09:51 PM
This is caused by a design problem. Water gets to the blower motor through the air inlet near the front windshield and causes the fan motor to get rusty and draw more current than it should which causes the blower resistor to go bad.
I've been though this problem on my taurus. If you don't replace the blower motor, a new resistor will most likely fail like the one you have now. Check www.rockauto.com for a new blower motor. You can get it there for about half the price the dealer charges.
Neither the blower or resistor are hard to change. They are located behind the glove compartment, blower closer to the floor.

There is a TSB on this: http://www.fcsdchemicalsandlubricants.com/fad/tsb/04153.pdf

Old 10-18-06, 12:00 AM
[URL="http://party-poker.ionline-poker.com/archives/2006/02/party-poker-bonus-codes.h

arb, minding get a bonus code at party poker my own pumice, when I saw a adieu neglect solicitously. I was chalkier, of course! Why did his anthropomorphis elasticize the abasement? To get to the feeble etiquette.get a bonus code at party poker
Two polyembryonys are better than one.