stalls when braking

Old 10-17-06, 07:54 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy stalls when braking

we have a 94 Olds Cutlas that starts,and will go however I am afraid to drive it as it will stall it seems when ever I put my foot on the brake for stop signs red lights ect.It will restart with a bit of coaxing but not worth the stress to drive it as is.Any help will be appreciated. akjoha

Old 10-17-06, 09:43 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Sounds like a vacuum leak. If you got a bad vacuum hose, your brakes will starve the motor of the vacuum so you can stop. The brakes are a big part of your vacuum system. It's a safety thing. Inspect all your hoses for crackes, bulches, etc. Hoses should be fairly soft and not stiff.

Old 10-17-06, 10:23 PM
J
Could also be a clogged pcv valve (easy and cheap to replace) or a dirty egr valve among other things. Check the hoses 1st.

Old 10-18-06, 02:02 PM
A
Red face

thank you for your response about the olds stalling; I too first suspected the vacume hose as remember my sons Dodge Dart did that only the hose would come off completely and would keep putting it back on.Being much older , female, and cars are so different today I will try and find a pic some where of where these things are located and have a go at it.Thank you,akjoha

Old 10-18-06, 03:34 PM
C
How about a bad TCC? Is this a 3.3? If it is, look on the tranny for a blue connector, unplug it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: