318 dodge fuel injectors

Old 10-22-06, 10:41 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
318 dodge fuel injectors

My truck engine on my 1995 dadge dakota 4x4 seized up when the oil pump failed - truck sat for a year then I put a short block rebuild in it

Now - it runs very rough and the mechanic says it is from sitting so long and that the fuel injectors are dirty and suggested to run injector cleaner in the gas

The problem is I don't drive this truck very often and I would like a faster method

can they- the injectors- be replaced and is that exspensive and /or difficult

or is there a another method

Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-06, 10:56 AM
The fastest and cheapest way may not be the best way to correct the injectors clogging problem is stop by the local auto part store and pick up a can of injector cleanner, the one that have a hose ready to plug in the fuel rail and follow the instruction on the can, it'll takes roughly 15-30min to run thru one can, the other way is a little more expensive, find the repair place that have a BG injector/induction machine and pay for the price, it'll take a little longer but no more than an hour and have better result in cleanning, and of course, the most expensive one is replace all injectors, price vary from place to place but looking at from $60-120 depending where you get them plus labor and may take couple hours if parts are on hand.

Before doing injectors replacement, be sure your firing order are not messed up and it timed right. Any check engine light on by change?.

Old 10-22-06, 11:44 AM
No check engine light is not on but it does seem out of timing , I just came back from a 20 hour truck ride and thought that might help - running those fuel additive cans of injector cleaner with every fill up

the engine definatly has power loss, and hiccups and shudders, I found by letting off the gas a depressing it again would make the the symtoms dissapper briefly but I hate driving like that