99 Rav4 flashing engine check light

Old 10-25-06, 05:35 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
99 Rav4 flashing engine check light

my brother fill up the 4/5 of tank then started driving like crazy because he is late and it was slow traffic in the city. Suddenly, car started shaking and engine check light started flashing. My brother turn off the car then restart the car. Engine check light was gone but shaking is still happening when car is not moving. I tested drive the car in highway and after less a minute engine check light start flashing again but there was no shaking. I have to turn off the car and restart the car. I also test drive in the city, car started shaking every time I stop by the red light but engine check light is off. Any Idea?

Old 10-25-06, 06:38 PM
M
get in the zone

Go to the auto zone store and have them scan for the code and write it down and post it back here for more input on what the problem could be.
We need a code to start. No charge at the Zone. Also make sure the gas cap is on tight it throws a code if not however it will not shake like you say it does with this condition.Do you have the 2.4L engine?or the 1.8L

Old 10-29-06, 08:22 AM
C
I bring my car to the repair and they replaced the wire set for the spark plug for free, it is under warrenty. Next Morning I got into the car and car smell like gas tank. Any thought?

Old 10-29-06, 10:38 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Did you get the codes read like michael_van said to do? We can't do anything without them.

Gas fumes? Check for fuel leaks from the tank all the way to the engine. If none, you may have a leaking fuel injector and/or rail.

or

Somebody was tranfering gas in your vehicle for the lawn mowers, etc???

Old 10-29-06, 10:42 AM
C
no gas fumes. car repair shop checked the code (I don't know the code)and replaced wireset, so my car no longer shakes and no longer flashing enging check light.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: