New Car Stereo, No Power, Help

Old 10-29-06, 12:21 PM
New Car Stereo, No Power, Help

I purchased a car stereo, mp3, etc, etc for my son and installed it my/his 94 chevy silverado. I bought the conversion wiring kit SCOSCHE Model GMDA FOR 88 and up gm vehicles. the stereo is a vr3, vrcd500-sdu, amfm receiver cd/mp3/wma player. anyway. i did it exactly as it explained it. the only important wires as i uunderstand it is the red, orange, yellow, black. anyway. im not getting any power at all. on the red white and yellow respectively there are fuses. they have a real thin piece of metal inside that you can see, it is leaning and is not straight. can that be the problem? there is an 800 # but only on the weekdays. please help. thanks.
terry

Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-06, 12:56 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Red goes to red, yellow to yellow, black to black. You need not worry about the orange. I believe thats just the dimmer wire. Check for voltage on the yellow wire. You should have 12vDC at that end at all times; and 12vDC at red wire only when the vehicle is on. (am I reversed there?). Make sure your ground is is good (black).

Check your radio fuse in the fuse box. Pull that fuse out u r mentioning, it should be a continous element. Should not look broken or burned. Sometimes they blow if you forget to disco the battery when u r playing around the wires.