1990 Cougar makes squeaking noise

Old 10-29-06, 01:43 PM
Unhappy 1990 Cougar makes squeaking noise

Hi all,
1990 Cougar V6 Auto 250000 Mi is making squeaking noise, I'm not sure if it has to do with steering or shocks or something else. I hear it when steering wheel turns, doesn't matter car is moving or not. The noise stops when itís wet or raining. I was wondering if some lube job will help it. The initial thought was that the ball joints were causing the problem. I had it done and it didnít make any difference. So what do you guys think about it?
Thanks. Irina

Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-06, 06:27 AM
Anyone???? It also makes noise when I bounce the cars sides.

Old 10-31-06, 12:17 PM
That could be a tough one b/c a car that old should have many squeaks. So it squeaks with the motor off? Does it squeak more when you "bounce" that side of the car?

Old 11-16-06, 07:05 AM
It didn't have any squeeks. The noise is present with the motor off and when steering wheel turns plus when I push and release the sides, more so on the right ( where the latest accident was). Can i put some grease to stop it and if so where are the points to do that?
The reason I think it will help is because after rain/ or driving on the wet road all the annoing noises stop completely.
Thanks