My windshield wipers are haunted

Old 10-30-06, 06:36 AM
My windshield wipers are haunted

In one of the latest in a long line of problems with my 1999 Ford Taurus is that my wind shield wipers go off for no reason.

Any ideas on what could be causing this and can it be fixed DIY?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-06, 07:10 AM
Smile

An exorcism is not a DIY project!! You must have an ASE certified priest to handle this problem.

Old 10-30-06, 07:17 AM
I know just the priest!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though is this an easy fix or and expensive take it to the mechanic one?

Last edited by hootie1fan; 10-30-06 at 07:34 AM.
Old 10-30-06, 08:25 AM
my 03 expedition had wiper prob too, when you drove down the road all of the sudden the washer fluid would come on until the resevor was empty, then the wipers would come on real slow like dragging slow. Then nothing, all would shut off. Took it to dealer about 5 times, they changed the switch and wire harness with no succsess. The last 2 times I took it they said there was nothing they could do uinless it happend while they where working on it.
i didn't make any friends that day, I told them they WOULD change the wiper motor since it was the only thing left that had not been changed. I was not very nice when I picked it up either but guess what, that fixed it.

Old 10-30-06, 09:30 AM
Was it an expensive fix?

Old 10-30-06, 10:51 AM
If you are thinking DIY then a wiper motor shouldn't be too hard. You can probably get a good one at the local u-pull-it for under $20 plus you'll learn just how to get it all out without tearing anything up on a salvage car. It might be taking a gamble but a reputable salvage yard will provide at least a 48hr warranty.

Old 11-04-06, 10:04 AM
a lot of gms (including my 96 truck) had recalls for the connection at the circuit board in the wiper motors. solder cracking. check for a recall notice. those are freebies...