96 blazer oil cooler lines

Old 10-31-06, 02:36 PM
96 blazer oil cooler lines

looking for oil filter adapter to elimenate oil cooling lines anyone know of a kit ....and where to buy.....my lines are leeking....mechanic says not needed if you don't tow.........and im cheappppp...........thanks in advance .... steve ps.... 4+4

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-06, 02:38 PM
blazer oil cooler line adapter kit

96 blazer can you get a adapter kit to eliminate the line's
mechanic told me .....lines not needed if you don't do any towing..........? do you suggest .......if so where do u buy.......thanks steve

Old 11-07-06, 05:01 PM
If memory serves correct, the adaptor that is bolted to the engine block where normally the oil filter goes, is just that-Bolted in place. There are 2 long bolts that go up through the adaptor into the block. Once you remove the bolts, the adaptor should come right off. Most parts stores sell the original adaptor, or you could use the one from where the filter is currently screwed onto..
Before doing this, I'd measure the length of the correct filter, and then the amount of space available at the engine block. It would stink to remove the adaptor, only to find there's not enough clearance to put a filter in.