Help Me Hondas Rear Screaming

Old 11-05-06, 08:40 AM
Question Help Me Hondas Rear Screaming

My 2001 honda accord is screaming. When you put the car in reverse and place your foot on break it screams it goes SQEEEEEEK and its so lound it startles everyone and they stare lol! Its embrassing!Its coming from the left rear tire. My brakes are just fine I have plenty of pad. Another thing is when your driving you can hear a faint rattling noise from that same tire it sounds like change in someones pockets. WHAT does this mean?!?!? Help me!!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-06, 08:44 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Sounds like a bad wheel bearing. They will make popping, ratling and "screaming noise" when going bad. Try jacking up the bad end of the car near that tire. Spin the tires. Does it make that sound then? If so, it is probably your bearing if you already checked the brakes. If it does not make that sound then, it may be a broken or worn shock mount.

Old 11-05-06, 08:46 AM
wheel bearing?

How much do they usually cost?? Is this something that needs to be replaced ASAP?

Old 11-05-06, 08:50 AM
The bearing itself is pretty cheap. A couple bucks at a local auto store. I would guestimate around....$55 to install. Seeing that is the hourly rate for most mechanics and it should not take that long. Hopefully your car doesn't require a whole hub/bearing assembly, which costs significantly more, around $100

Old 11-05-06, 08:53 AM
If the bearing seizes, then you will have some bad issues. Not something that needs to replaced in the next 20 mins, but dont wait long.

Old 11-05-06, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by blondenahonda
My 2001 honda accord is screaming. When you put the car in reverse and place your foot on break it screams it goes SQEEEEEEK and its so lound it startles everyone and they stare lol! Its embrassing!Its coming from the left rear tire. My brakes are just fine I have plenty of pad. Another thing is when your driving you can hear a faint rattling noise from that same tire it sounds like change in someones pockets. WHAT does this mean?!?!? Help me!!

I'd look at your rear brakes again, this time remove both rear wheels and visually look at both inner and outer pads if they are disc, look closer to the return springs if they are drums.

Does it makes noise when you drive forward?. Does it makes noise when you on Reverse W/O depressing the brake pedal?.
If wheel bearing is bad, doesn't matter with direction you go, you will hear it, only different is when you are on turns.

Search this Thread